Greek-Style Chicken Feta Burgers
As soon as I posted these babies on my Instagram story (@sydneefit), I got so many recipe requests! So I figured I would share these on here just for you to save and reference at your concenience :)
I didn't exactly use a recipe per se, so the amounts of certain ingredients can be based on your preference.
What You Need:
•1lb Ground chicken
•1/2 bag frozen chopped onion, thawed and drained (or use 1 medium vidalia onion)
•Fresh or frozen spinach (I used 1/2 bag or about 8oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained)
•4oz Crumbled Feta
•1/4c Almond Flour or Almond Meal
•1/2tsp Garlic Pepper
1. Preheat a stove-top grill pan on Med-High heat.
2. Mix chicken, almond flour, feta, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic pepper, spinach*, and onion* into a bowl and mix together. *Make sure if using from frozen to thaw first and then drain extra water out as with cheese cloth or paper towel.
3. Form palm-size balls of the mixture with hands and then press into a patty. Should make about 5.
4. Spray hot grill pan with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil Cooking Spray. Place pattys on grill pan and cook about 6 minutes on each side, flipping once. Use a instant read thermometer (I've been enjoying this one from Amazon) to make sure internal temperature of burgers reaches 165 degrees.
5. Serve with roasted vegetables or on top of salad with some yogurt tzatziki sauce and enjoy! Opa!
Nutrition: Per serving/1 burger
Calories: 264; 25P/9C/14F